Mrs. Hamilton Never Stops Caring | Teen Ink

Mrs. Hamilton Never Stops Caring

By KatieCatania GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
KatieCatania GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

As I walk down the halls of Arrowhead High School, my eyes make contact with Mrs. Hamilton. I try not to make contact with her, but it is too late. She is like a vulture waiting for the perfect prey to come along, and I was that prey.
“Hey Katie! How are your classes going this semester?” she asks.
Every time she would do this, I would feel embarrassed. But later on, I realized she was asking me because she truly cared about me.
Mrs. Hamilton is a Content Mastery Center teacher at Arrowhead High School. The Content Mastery Center is a place where you can get help if you are having troubles in a subject or are diagnosed with a learning disability. And at the CMC, Mrs. Hamilton works with kids with all sorts of learning disabilities.
Not only is she a teacher, but she is also a mother to two kids. And Mrs. Hamilton used to coach Arrowhead Varsity basketball. Mrs. Hamilton happens to be my case manger. Her job for me is keep track of how my schooling is going. Each day, she makes sure I am doing okay in my classes and not falling behind. If I was struggling, I would come and talk to her about that certain subject. I never feel stupid asking her questions about things I don’t understand, no matter what the question is. When I am frustrated with school, she always motivates me and says something funny that wants me to do better.
No matter how busy she was with other kids, she always made time for me. She would give me advice on what I should do in that class and told me that it’s okay to get a C in functions. But deep down, she knew I would never give up and she would never let fail to do well in my classes.

Recently, I applied to colleges around Wisconsin. Picking a college isn’t the easiest thing. And I wanted to go to a college that was a good fit for me and that wouldn’t make me feel overwhelmed. This was impossible for a girl like me to not feel that way when making this life changing decision. But Mrs. Hamilton sat down with me and went through colleges she thought would be good for me and she offered to help if I ever needed it. This took months and months of sit-downs during my study halls, but we finally found the perfect one. And I couldn’t have done it without her.
Mrs. Hamilton takes all this time and effort for me. She truly cares about me as a person, like no other teacher has done so before. Now as I walk down the halls, I am not embarrassed if Mrs. Hamilton approaches me because I know that she truly cares.

About my favorite teacher.