Kimberly Feeley This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Kimberly Feeley. The name might sound familiar, if it doesn't then that concerns me. She goes by Kim, or if you're a student you might know her as Mrs. Feeley (unless you're me and are allowed to call her Kim). She's smart and witty, she loves the Lord, is one of the biggest "jocks" I've ever met, but always manages to dress adorable for every occasion. Wife, mother, and teacher. Kim Feeley is the person I admire most because she has taught me more then math, coached me through trials on and off the field, and has guided me in my faith with Jesus Christ.
Kim is a math teacher. She taught me when I was in 8th grade, the subject was algebra 1. I loved every second of it. When she teaches she applies real life situations, or reasons why you would need what we are learning. I've never had a teacher do that. Our class was a small one, but we had a lot of fun. When we started laughing we usually never stopped. The extra credit on her tests is to memorize Bible verses, something you'll need even after high school and college. It was a challenging class, but one of the most rewarding I've ever taken. I didn't just get good grades, I gained actual knowledge. Knowledge that I'll use for years to come.
I've known Kim for a very long time, so long in fact, I don't remember the first time we met. I do, however, remember the first field hockey practice of 6th grade. I was a scared middle schooler who thought she knew everything about the sport, although I never played it before. My coach on and off the field, Kim was the one person who never expected anything from me because of my siblings, and she never looked down on me because I didn't live up to their achievements. She strived to help me in anyway possible. After my 7th grade year when she didn't coach anymore, we became friends (only because she didn't make me run anymore). I knew I could talk to her about anything. I would eat lunch in her classroom and we would just talk and laugh, like two close friends would. She would tell me stories about her husband and daughter. I would ask for help in this class and that class, and she would help me problem solve. I would tell her about how I felt about my brother and sister, she never complained. I've never had a better coach. She never told me what to do, she helped me figure out what needed to be done.
One of the most valuable lessons Kim ever taught me was about music. I went through a stage in my life when I thought I was so cool and popular. I thought that being "bad" was the way to go. I wanted lots of friends and lots of attention. I listened to the wrong kind of music. Wrong in that it cursed, talked about sex, and that alcohol was a friend. It wasn't edifying in anyway, but neither was my lifestyle. She never told me to change. All she said was, "Would you want your kids to listen to the same stuff you do and do the same things as you?" Then it hit me. I'm not married yet, but if I keep going the way I am I never will be. And if somehow I do get married, do I want my kids to be like me? I had to change. I did change. We talked about Jesus and how he loves us and forgives us no matter what. I knew it already because I grew up in a Christian home but it never really sunk in until Kim said it.
Her character changed me and shaped me in more ways then one. Her actions have always been loving, well, most of the time. But in all seriousness, Kim Feeley is a wonderful person and has been a tremendous influence in my life. I admire Kim because she is a great teacher, an outstanding coach, and the best mentor a girl could ever have.

Kimberly Feeley teaches math to 7th, 8th, and 9th graders at Calvary Christian Academy.