Mr. Lambe | Teen Ink

Mr. Lambe

April 26, 2012
By AlexA803 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
AlexA803 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Mr. Lambe… Every now and then, I look back and ask myself, “Where would I be without Mr. Lambe?” The answer? Not where I am today. Well, let me explain. Some of the things he did to help me become a smarter and socially better person were to tutor me in English, help me stay on the straight and narrow, and prepare me for high school.
I always used to have trouble picking out context clues and summarizing events but what really killed me was how I couldn’t write a good paper. I always struggled with expressing my emotions and putting words down on paper in a way that was considered acceptable. Now, I can structure a paragraph, write a poem, and it seems like my thoughts flow out into whatever I am doing or writing.

Unlike some, I seemed to always get into trouble. Wherever I was and whatever I was doing always seemed to lead to trouble. In times like these, Mr. Lambe would sit down with me and have a conflict resolution talk. I always seemed to get out of too large of a punishment but in the end, those added up and changed me for the better and made me a better person.

The one thing that stands out to me the most is the collective benefit of all of his sessions and lessons. They shaped me and helped expose a side of me that I had really never really seen before. These things prepared me for high school and even now I use his outline style. Heck, I even used it to write this paper!
So as I said, my eighth grade English teacher Mr. Lambe has helped me come a long way by helping me become a smarter and socially better person were to tutor me in English, help me stay on the straight and narrow, and prepare me for high school. It has really helped me and I would like to nominate him as my Educator of the Year.


The author's comments:
Homework