THe one, the only Mr. Jones | Teen Ink

THe one, the only Mr. Jones

It was my freshman year in high school band, and I had no idea what to do. I was alone and afraid, (not to mention starting on a new instrument). I didn’t know where to go or how to behave and didn’t really have anyone to look up to. But there was always one person who was there to point me in the right direction.

Mr. Jones is the head director for the Cleburne high school band program. He directs our marching season and teaches the wind ensemble band in the spring. Although he has actually been MY band teacher, he still plays an important role in my high school life. When I was a freshman and didn’t have a clue as to what I was doing, Mr. Jones was always there to set me straight and answer any questions I had. One day after school, I really needed help on my new instrument. Mr. Jones stayed after school for 45 minutes to help me improve on my technique.

Mr. Jones is rather young teacher, so he knows and understands how and what it’s like to be a high school student in this time and century. He comprehends the lifestyle and mindset of a teenager, so he does understand when you don’t nail something the first few tries.

All and all, Mr. Jones is the best teacher I've ever had. He knows what it’s like to be young and careless. And in my opinion, that’s what makes him such a great teacher.