Mrs. Marcia Sloan | Teen Ink

Mrs. Marcia Sloan

Mrs. Marcia Sloan was the most gifted teacher that I have had the pleasure of learning from over the duration of my secondary schooling. She was always willing to go the extra mile to provide any needed help outside of class or any other time it may have been needed. She was always very direct with me and to the point, she wasn’t mean by any means but she kept her classroom completely under control. Mrs. Sloan was my teacher for two years she was my biology teacher as a sophomore and anatomy & physiology (A&P) when I was a junior. Science has always been a difficult subject for me but she made it fun, not easy, but enjoyable. She had all kinds of models and stories going along with that day’s lesson. In A&P, every time we would begin a new system of the body she would give the class tons of scotch tape, move all the chairs to the outside corners of the room and have up map out a HUGE replica of that system on her floor, where it would stay for several weeks; we all felt a little stupid doing it but whether we said it or not we were having a blast. I haven’t forgotten much that I have learned from her like I have in other classes and I’m sure it will stay with me for a long time. I am so thankful to have had her as a teacher.