Mrs. Siegman

Mrs. Siegman, our fourth grade teacher, always knew how to make class fun. She always made jokes about herself, like she wanted us to laugh at her. Mrs. Siegman was like one of the kids, which made us feel comfortable around her.
Especially for young children, birthdays are the best days of the year. In fourth grade, Mrs. Siegman made them even better. If it was someone’s birthday, she called them up to the front of the class. From there, she did a birthday dance. While it was fun, it was also embarrassing. After embarrassing them, she, of course, made up for it by giving them candy. It was most entertaining to those in the front row. This made class fun, and the dancing was a workout so the candy didn’t make us fat.
Mrs. Siegman always knew how to cheer up her students. When she was our teacher, we looked forward to going to school. Class was always enjoyable, and she was always in a good mood. It’s hard to remember her ever being crabby or mean to a student. She was so happy, day in and day out. When someone got hurt on the playground she was always the first to comfort that student and give them a Scooby-doo bandaid. Also, if a student got an A on an assignment, she gave them smarties to symbolize how smart they were.
We are nominating Mrs. Siegman for Educator of the Year because she always made class fun. Fourth grade is about getting a start on learning. Because of Mrs. Siegman, we looked forward to learning. She deserves to be Educator of the Year. She is fun, entertaining, and friendly.