Mr. Stavrinadis | Teen Ink

Mr. Stavrinadis

March 28, 2010
By Brandon Hohenberg SILVER, Commack, New York
Brandon Hohenberg SILVER, Commack, New York
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I have had many great teachers, coaches, and other educators in my life. They have all taught me great things that I will remember for the rest of my life. But, Mr. Stavrinadis will always lie above all. He has taught me this famous motto. Work + Determination = Success.
I live by this motto every single day. I know if I give it my all and never give up, I will find success in anything I want to accomplish.

Mr. Stavrinadis was my seventh grade soccer coach. He led our team to the first undefeated boys’ soccer banner in over ten years. His upbeat coaching style and intense training sessions led us to glory. Mr. Stavrinadis was also my eighth grade social studies teacher. Similar to his coaching style, Mr. Stavrinadis pushed our class to do the best we can possibly do. He gave us essays as a part of our test to prepare us for next year and practice for the upcoming state exam. At the end of the year, he had the best scores on the state exam out of all the social studies teachers in Commack Middle School. His unique coaching and teaching style has made him fun to be around. He told jokes in class and is one of the funniest people I know. Mr. Stavrinadis also dressed up as Santa Claus during a winter break assembly last year. He was one of the advisors for Student Council in the Middle School. This was a student run council that made decisions that benefited our school.

Everyone in Commack Middle School knows who Mr. Stavrinadis is. He is well known for his success as a coach, teacher, and most importantly being a great person. He works extremely hard as a teacher and a coach. He takes pride in his work and his students. He holds weekly extra help sessions before a test and gives valuable review sessions prior to a large exam. Mr. Stavrinadis recently wrote a fabulous recommendation for me to work at a summer camp. Now, I am returning the favor and writing a nomination for him as educator of the year.

The author's comments:
The dedication he had for his students inspired me to write this nomination.