A Person Who Changed My Life

I remember when I entered middle school for the first time. I was a very anxious child. When I became stressed I would cry. I cried once a week. When I was in the sixth grade, I met my social studies teacher, Miss Lovatt. Miss Lovatt was a very challenging teacher. Many of the things she taught were difficult, but I always loved the hands- on projects that we did. For example, when we were learning about bands, tribes, and chiefdoms, she had us go out into the woods and create our own society from scratch. Our class created a fire ring, little huts, and other creative objects. The hands-on projects were always the best parts of social studies.
I was a very lonely child. I had no one to talk to. On the 2008 election night, my school had an election party. There was one girl who I thought was my friend. She and I both had totally different opinions and could not agree on anything. On election night, we got into a major fight. I began to cry because this was our first fight we ever had. She left me in the restroom by myself crying. I was miserable and I was alone. A student walked into the restroom and asked me what was wrong, and I told her what had just happened, and so she left to get Miss Lovatt.
A couple of minutes later, Miss Lovatt came in. I told all about the big fight from beginning to end. Miss Lovatt gave me advice on how to handle it. Ever since that day, I have been going to Miss Lovatt for advice. Whenever I need help or advice I always know who to go to.
I’m now an 8th grader. Miss Lovatt is no longer my teacher, but I still see her. I still talk to her for advice and also for help. Miss Lovatt and I have become really good friends. She still helps me in any way she can. For example, my good friend, who happens to be a boy, and I were at one point being embarrassed a lot. The girl who I got into a major fight with on election night started spreading rumors about my friend and I dating. We were not dating. We were just friends. Each day we were being embarrassed by other students. I was miserable and embarrassed. I felt as if it would never end. One day I talked to Miss Lovatt about what was going on. Even though she is no longer my teacher, she ended up talking to that student. She had to talk to her twice until it would stop and it finally did.
Also in the summers, I attend camp held at my school. Miss Lovatt works as a counselor there. I was planning to become a counselor in training. In order to do that I had to go on a camp retreat. Miss Lovatt was one of the chaperones, and she put me in her room so she could watch me since I have some medical issues. When she did that for me, I felt very special and cared about.
I am very thankful for what Ms. Lovatt has done for me. I don’t know where I would be without her. Miss Lovatt will always be a friend to me. When my friendship ended with the girl who I got in a fight with on election night, I thought it was my fault, but Miss Lovatt made me realize that it wasn’t. Miss Lovatt explained that it was what she did to me. All of the nasty things that girl did to me led to the end of my friendship with her, but Miss Lovatt and I are still very close. She will always be in my life. To me she is a friend and a teacher. Miss Lovatt has helped to shape my life.

HarryPotterFan4 said...
This about a teacher that I had for two years and how much she had changed my life.

younique101 replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 7:18 am :
i love this site