Educator of the year | Teen Ink

Educator of the year

By JadenFrancisco BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
JadenFrancisco BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Educator of the year

I nominate Senior Chief McClain as Educator of the Year. I nominate Senior Chief McClain because I think he is one of the best teachers I have ever had. Senior Chief is very funny, kind and passionate about educating. Senior Chief is always willing to help regardless of the situation I think Senior Cheif Mcclain deserves Educator of the year.

Senior Chief is very funny, He can almost make a joke out of any topic. I think this is an important trait because he can constantly keep the class entertained and intrigued by what he is teaching. To start the week on Mondays, Senior Chief McClain lets a student come up and tell a joke; this is always a good way to start a week because it lets some of the edge off for the day. Senior Chief can also make jokes about people without hurting their feelings. Almost every day he has a joke about something. I think this is one of his finer qualities.

Senior Chief McClain is very passionate about teaching, He wants all of his cadets to do the best they can. He also almost never misses a day of school, and he makes sure we're fully prepared if we have a test in his class or a rank test. He is so passionate that he will stay after school and help cadets prepare for tests if you need help. He also takes days in class to review notes for our upcoming test in his class;he does this so we don’t have to study on our free time. Senior chief is highly educated and passionate about teaching since he has first-hand experience in the Navy.

Senior Chief McClain is very caring, He is always thinking about others and is always trying to cheer up cadets and the class. If he notices a cadet is acting strange or upset, he will often step outside to talk to the cadet. He is also a very friendly person to talk to he; has nothing negative to say, and he thinks everyone has potential if they try their hardest and give it there best effort. Senior Chief is very kind and friendly which makes the Cadets feel good in class.

All these qualities are why I think Senior Chief McClain deserves the Educated of the Year. His kindness, passionate teaching, and his funniness make him one of the best teachers I have ever had. He believes in all of his students and motivates them to do their best in school and out of school. He has definitely been one of the best teachers I have ever had;he has countless funny jokes and stories about his life which I will not forget, This is why I think Senior Chief McClain should be the Educator of the Year.