Mrs. Rosaio | Teen Ink

Mrs. Rosaio

May 31, 2019
By Anonymous

I believe that my science teacher Mrs. Rosaio has a strong case for Educator of the Year. During this year at the Delaware Military Academy, Mrs. Rosaio has put a smile on all of her students faces and has given us a hunger and curiosity to make us look around, and ask questions such as “how”, or “why”. She has a diverse way of teaching along with teaching different upper-level classes and subjects. I have the privilege of having her as a secondary teacher in my algebra class, where she is able to help those students struggling that in turn, doesn’t slow down the lesson.
 
Mrs. Rosaio uses entertaining ways to teach material that can be challenging. She uses funny videos and interesting labs, that we all could apply to our everyday life. The interesting part of her teaching style is the way she applies things from her class to my algebra class to help us completely comprehend the material, such as balanced ionic bonds to algebraic equations that are similar.
 
She has the ability to teach and connect with students who have learning disabilities, and she has experienced background knowledge from her teaching career of over 25 years. She helps kids like myself one-on-one when we’re struggling. She asks useful questions and may explain something in a different way. She is a strong believer that nobody learns the same way; therefore, we must be taught differently. 
 
Mrs. Rosaio teaches the importance of the world around us and that all life has meaning, no matter how small. She even had a funeral for the fish in the classroom. Her labs have much variety from ant farms to growing moss and mold. Most recently, she was showing us a video in class and this spider floated down next to my face. I didn’t panic; I just called her over, and she took the spider away from my face to the other side of the room; she didn’t even kill it.
 
I believe that the way Mrs. Rosaio connects with her students and brings the best out in them is remarkable. I feel lucky to be in her classes and when someone gives their best, it makes you want to give them your all back.  She’s an inspiring woman who should be recognized for her commitment to teaching and her students. There is nobody who I think deserves this award more than she does.