Kitty Cat | Teen Ink

Kitty Cat

Kristin Zerbe

English teacher

John Dickinson High school

2019

Kitty cat

She has a blond  medium-length hair and a gorgeous blue eyes that look like the sky. She starts the class by making sure that everyone is okay, and looks at each student to consider if we are happy or not, but if not she is compassionate and makes us laugh and have fun. She makes me feel like  I am her child. Even though we are always busy working, I still enjoy her class. She always tells me that I look pretty. Ms. Zerbe always asks me if I need help because English is not my first language. She is not only my teacher, but she is also my friend. She loves kitty cats. In Ms. Zerbe’s class there are  kitty cats everywhere. It makes the room shine colorfully. I like to show respect to Ms. Zerbe because she also respects me.

I like the way Ms. Zerbe teaches my class because it’s challenging and ambitious and helps students to be successful and prepare them for college. She goes over everything in class and explains the work, so we could do it correctly ourselves and show  creativity in our work. She is always patient with her students and cares about them by asking often if they are okay or not.

The way she treats her students equally makes students like her more and also like to learn her subject. English has become my favorite subject because of how Ms. Zerbe teaches the class, even though it’s not my first language. And even though I’m addicted to my phone and always like to use it, I respect that she doesn't like to see anyone using phones in her class, so  I put my phone away. Ms. Zerbe is a very helpful teacher and always encourages students to keep up with their grades.

Ms. Zerbe always requires  us to write for Teen Ink every month which is challenging my writing skills and makes me give my best effort. I also improved my weakness of word choice in Ms. Zerbe’s class, and as a result,my writing looks better than it ever was in the past. Ms. Zerbe helps her student to not suffer in school.

Overall, Ms. Zerbe is the ideal teacher that any student would love to have in their school. I wish I could have her every year, and I would also like to have her teach my children in the future to give them the knowledge that she have given to me.