Educator of the year | Teen Ink

Educator of the year

January 16, 2019
By Elliestand1 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
Elliestand1 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One of the best educators that I’ve had is Senior Chief McClain. He has taught me how to be responsible and how to face many different situations that I might come across later on in life. There are many other things that he has taught me and that have really helped me and will help me which is why I’m nominating him for Educator of the year


One of the things that Senior Chief has taught me is responsibility. There have been certain times where I could have been a bit more responsible, and it has always been something that I wanted to work on. Senior Chief has taught me that if I really want to grow as a person then I should become more responsible than I am. The way he did that was by giving me a pretty important job in my platoon. By giving me this job he gave me a big responsibility because I had to remember certain things and do things that not a lot of people have to do. That is one of the things that Senior Chief taught me.


Another thing that he has taught me is how to be mature in certain scenarios. Most of the time I like to mess around with my friends not really caring where I am. Senior Chief taught me that there are times for fun but there is also a time where you need to know where you are and how mature you need to act. This is one of the most important things that he has taught me to do and has probably the biggest impact on me because there are many times that I need to be serious because of the people near me or the place that I am in. This is another thing that Senior Chief has given me advice on.


Finally, Senior Chief has taught me how to have balance in life. Most of the time I’m either 100% joking, or I’m very serious. He has taught me that it is healthy to be able to be both at the same time. This has really helped me because when I play sports, I tend to get way too serious and not have any fun. Now that he has helped me with this I enjoy sports a lot more than I use too because I don’t take it as serious as I use to because I learned that it isn’t always about winning and losing in life. That is something else that Senior Chief has taught me to do.


There are so many things that Senior Chief has taught me to do and all of them have really helped me in life, and I hope that I can learn more from him. Everything that he has taught me I have used in the real world, and I plan to keep on taking his advice. Senior Chief is one of the best teachers that I have ever had and I hope that others have learned what I have learned from him. For these reasons and more he’s my pick for Educator of the Year.