Actor/Singer Miranda Cosgrove This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Feeling a little nervous, I walked backstage with the tour manager to meet up with the teen who's probably the highest paid actress on TV. (Yes, it's common knowledge in the entertainment world that she makes three times as much as Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez combined). But my nerves disappeared the second I met Miranda Cosgrove, star of “iCarly.” Even though this 17-year-old is a world megastar, she acts like you and me. Really!

Pavlina: Staying grounded is important for kids, but really tough for celebrities. What's been the toughest to deal with regarding fame?

Miranda Cosgrove: When you're acting and singing all the time, and being on tour all the time, it can be difficult to finish your school work and keep up with your friends and all. What helps me the most is I'm really close to my parents, and my mom is on tour with me … and just being able to call my friends and know that I can tell them anything and having those people you really trust.

I read recently that you're nothing like your “iCarly” character. What three words would you use to describe yourself?

I think probably “determined,” I guess. It's funny – I just did this for college on my entrance exam. I can't remember which words I used. I think “determined” would be one because I've been in the entertainment business since I was pretty young, and I think when you're young you're trying to make a lot of decisions.

Another would probably be “dorky” because I'm always doing silly things. I've been doing Wii Dance on the [tour] bus. I'm not afraid to embarrass myself – which I do a lot. And probably “shy.” More when I first meet someone than when I get to know them. Then I come out more.

You were in “Despicable Me,” which is one of my favorite movies. What was it like doing a voice over?

It was my first time doing a voice over, and it was different. I thought it was going to be in a room with everybody, and we were going to go through the script or something. But everyone gets to do their parts alone, and I didn't even get to see what the movie was going to be like until the premiere. But I liked it. I felt like I could just watch, like anyone.

Tell us about your tour.

It's been really fun! I'm on my first tour on a bus going around the United States. There are bunks on the bus, and last night I stayed up until 3 a.m. drawing. We have been doing a lot of fun stuff like Wii and drawing and making up songs. It's like a sleepover all the time!

Your CD “Sparks Fly” has some great songs. Do you have a favorite?

I like a lot of them on tour and a lot of them live – but my favorites are “There Will Be Tears” and “Kissing You,” and my new song, “Dancing Crazy,” is a good party song.

jewelia said...
today at 9:15 am:
This is a really great interview! The opening paragraph is wonderfully written, because it consists of some of your insight as well as some facts I wasn't aware of. Now that I have a better outlook on Miranda Cosgrove's personality, I can admire her work even more. Very impressed. (:

ChloeHunterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 8:40 pm:
This is a really good interview!

pinkietoeshoesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:27 pm:
I love Miranda!!!  I have seen most of her movies. Funny enough we have the same birthday. Ever since I knew that i fell that i could relate to her more. Her music is great. She is truely a well rounded person!

stephiemorrissa said...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 12:36 pm:
Miranda Cosgrove rocks! And I love her song "Kissing You"

JuneTaz said...
She really IS amazing. I mean, for a star like her, she's really innocent and lovable. I'm glad she's not one of those teen celebs who are clouded with fame and fakeness. You must feel so lucky to get to talk to such an interesting person!!

Lil Ayonna said...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:17 am:
Miranda is so cool.I wish I knew her.We'll be best buds 4ever.

sallysunshine replied...
Apr. 25 at 10:08 pm :
see is so nice she i smy co worker so she is so nice like at the kcas

lrshapThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
that's so cool, i would love to talk to miranda, ur so lucky!

TheJustThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:21 am:

That's really cool! She seems awesome. 

My only tip would be to clean it up a bit. Check grammar, puncuation and capitalization; make sure the spacing is right for the Teen Ink website (don't indent paragraphs; double space). This would be a cool interview to see in the mag! Maybe you could have someone (like your English teacher, or someone like that) read it and check for errors. Sometimes it helps to have someone else read your work, because I know I don't always pick up on my ... (more »)

mirandacosgrovenick1 replied...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 1:05 pm :
Uh everything seem to be alright except the part where there needs to be period at the end . So thanks very much. lol

MikeySunshine12322 replied...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 1:10 pm :
weried comments! ARTICLE is okay. but there needs to be more on this article

TheJustThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 3:47 pm :
Please look at the date that comment was posted. It was posted several months before the interview was edited and published. It was much different back then. I'm not stupid thank you very much.

mirandamakesmehard replied...
Dec. 21, 2011 at 1:25 pm :
oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii shes hot raooooooo