Actor/Singer Miranda Cosgrove | Teen Ink

Actor/Singer Miranda Cosgrove MAG

By pavlina GOLD, Port Orange, Florida
pavlina GOLD, Port Orange, Florida

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice, heart and intuition

Feeling a little nervous, I walked backstage with the tour manager to meet up with the teen who's probably the highest paid actress on TV. (Yes, it's common knowledge in the entertainment world that she makes three times as much as Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez combined). But my nerves disappeared the second I met Miranda Cosgrove, star of “iCarly.” Even though this 17-year-old is a world megastar, she acts like you and me. Really!

Pavlina: Staying grounded is important for kids, but really tough for celebrities. What's been the toughest to deal with regarding fame?

Miranda Cosgrove: When you're acting and singing all the time, and being on tour all the time, it can be difficult to finish your school work and keep up with your friends and all. What helps me the most is I'm really close to my parents, and my mom is on tour with me … and just being able to call my friends and know that I can tell them anything and having those people you really trust.

I read recently that you're nothing like your “iCarly” character. What three words would you use to describe yourself?

I think probably “determined,” I guess. It's funny – I just did this for college on my entrance exam. I can't remember which words I used. I think “determined” would be one because I've been in the entertainment business since I was pretty young, and I think when you're young you're trying to make a lot of decisions.

Another would probably be “dorky” because I'm always doing silly things. I've been doing Wii Dance on the [tour] bus. I'm not afraid to embarrass myself – which I do a lot. And probably “shy.” More when I first meet someone than when I get to know them. Then I come out more.

You were in “Despicable Me,” which is one of my favorite movies. What was it like doing a voice over?

It was my first time doing a voice over, and it was different. I thought it was going to be in a room with everybody, and we were going to go through the script or something. But everyone gets to do their parts alone, and I didn't even get to see what the movie was going to be like until the premiere. But I liked it. I felt like I could just watch, like anyone.

Tell us about your tour.

It's been really fun! I'm on my first tour on a bus going around the United States. There are bunks on the bus, and last night I stayed up until 3 a.m. drawing. We have been doing a lot of fun stuff like Wii and drawing and making up songs. It's like a sleepover all the time!

Your CD “Sparks Fly” has some great songs. Do you have a favorite?

I like a lot of them on tour and a lot of them live – but my favorites are “There Will Be Tears” and “Kissing You,” and my new song, “Dancing Crazy,” is a good party song.

I talked to Miranda Cosgrove backstage before her performance in Tampa, Florida at the Tampa Theatre. It was great talking with her - she's fun, nice and really down to earth!

Tamie GOLD said...
on Apr. 20 2015 at 1:30 pm
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

"if you can be anyone just be you unless you could be Buffy Summers then be Buffy Summers"

You are so lucky you got to meet her. Good interview, :)

NoniDoni GOLD said...
on Jan. 8 2015 at 8:47 pm
NoniDoni GOLD, Calabasas, California
good interview!

ShipraB BRONZE said...
on Aug. 10 2014 at 1:05 pm
ShipraB BRONZE, Greer, South Carolina

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
-John Green
The Fault in Our Stars

You are truly lucky to be able to meet Miranda! For your interview however, you could have picked a few deeper, more individual questions than the normal questions interviewers ask all celebrities (Questions #1 and #2). 

on Jul. 23 2013 at 9:15 am
juliacoccaro SILVER, Spanish Fort, Alabama

"I'd sell you to Satan for one corn chip."

This is a really great interview! The opening paragraph is wonderfully written, because it consists of some of your insight as well as some facts I wasn't aware of. Now that I have a better outlook on Miranda Cosgrove's personality, I can admire her work even more. Very impressed. (:

on Apr. 25 2013 at 10:08 pm
see is so nice she i smy co worker so she is so nice like at the kcas

on Feb. 2 2013 at 8:40 pm
ChloeHunter BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

"Love is louder then the pressure to be perfect," Demi Lovato.

This is a really good interview!

on Feb. 28 2012 at 12:36 pm
StephanieMorrissa SILVER, Anderson, South Carolina

"It's not what people call you, it's what you answer to."
-Tyler Perry(Madea)

Miranda Cosgrove rocks! And I love her song "Kissing You"

on Dec. 21 2011 at 1:25 pm
oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii shes hot raooooooo

JuneTaz said...
on Nov. 10 2011 at 4:34 pm
She really IS amazing. I mean, for a star like her, she's really innocent and lovable. I'm glad she's not one of those teen celebs who are clouded with fame and fakeness. You must feel so lucky to get to talk to such an interesting person!!

Lil Ayonna said...
on Nov. 3 2011 at 9:17 am
Miranda is so cool.I wish I knew her.We'll be best buds 4ever.

on Oct. 12 2011 at 3:47 pm
rainbowgirl BRONZE, Ijamsville, Maryland

My work has been modified to fit your brains. :)

that's so cool, i would love to talk to miranda, ur so lucky!

TheJust ELITE said...
on Oct. 10 2011 at 3:47 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Please look at the date that comment was posted. It was posted several months before the interview was edited and published. It was much different back then. I'm not stupid thank you very much.

on Oct. 10 2011 at 1:10 pm
weried comments! ARTICLE is okay. but there needs to be more on this article

on Oct. 10 2011 at 1:05 pm
Uh everything seem to be alright except the part where there needs to be period at the end . So thanks very much. lol

TheJust ELITE said...
on Mar. 30 2011 at 9:21 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

That's really cool! She seems awesome. 

My only tip would be to clean it up a bit. Check grammar, puncuation and capitalization; make sure the spacing is right for the Teen Ink website (don't indent paragraphs; double space). This would be a cool interview to see in the mag! Maybe you could have someone (like your English teacher, or someone like that) read it and check for errors. Sometimes it helps to have someone else read your work, because I know I don't always pick up on my own mistakes.

This comment is not meant to be mean; I just think this interview deserves a chance at publication! :)