Moving Away | Teen Ink

Moving Away

May 29, 2018
By Hay14 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Hay14 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Moving Away, it’s something that can be hard for most people. Having to go away from your old home to a new one can difficult for most people because you’ll miss some of your favorite places, your best friends, and your House. This is about my experience of when my family was moving from Indiana to Minnesota, and it began when my dad got something for his job that I can’t remember what it was but I do know that was the reason as to why we were moving. This was during when I was in 5th Grade, and was about to finish Elementary School. I’ll talk about how I felt during this, how it was like when I got there, and how I feel about Minnesota today.
So to start of with how I felt when I heard we were moving, I felt heartbroken, and sad that we had to move away from Indianapolis, IN. Indiana was a great place because there lots of places close to us like this really good used video game store next to Walmart, our house used to have this really big backyard that I remember playing around a lot in there, and we had a pool out there too for the summer time, and Elementary was great because we did some activities, and stuff. So I didn’t want to move at all because I didn’t want to miss all of my favorite things in Indiana but my Mom did talk about it with me saying that Minnesota does also have some cool places, and areas to go to, so I did agree on their decision on moving but still had that feeling of not wanting to move away.
When we got everything packed, and ready, we waved goodbye to our old home, and Indiana, and drove towards Minnesota. We stopped at one of my uncles place to stay there for a while mainly because we haven’t found a place to stay yet. We were on summer vacation still, so we basically chilled out, and went to couple of close places that were around us. After looking at many days of finding a house to live in, we finally found one here in Cannon Falls, and after painting the rooms, and adding another room for my brother, we finally headed towards our home in Minnesota. We still needed to unpack all of boxes, so I didn’t have everything with me. Summer vacation was coming to a close, and so my parents got me, my brother, and my sister to get started at this school here, Cannon Falls High School/Middle School, and this was were I began Middle School since I finished Elementary back in Indiana.
After a few years of living in Cannon Falls, MN, what do I think of it now. Well I think that Minnesota is great, there lots of great places to go to like the Mall of America which is this huge mall that also has an indoor theme park. I made many new friends, and have been doing well at my new school. I found many activities to do during my breaks like fishing in the summer, and ice fishing in the winter. I did also find another used video game store that was almost similar to the one back in Indiana. Speaking of which, back during one of my summer breaks, me, and my dad went back to Indianapolis, IN to do things to sell our old house to buyers. It was great to see my old home town, and what has changed since then.
I still do think that moving away can be hard for most people because you’ll miss some of your favorite places, your friends and even your best memories there, not to mention your home that you’ve lived in for years, but you can go to new places, make new friends, or get in touch with your old friends, and make new memories when your in your new home. You can also visit your old home state just to see how much has changed since. I learned that moving away isn’t the worst thing ever, and I though it is challenging for many to move on, but I think you can get through it. I do still miss my old home town, and the many areas, and places that were there. Even thinking about it gives me good memories about Indiana, and the many people that I’ve met over the years. It's good to remember good things about your past, and they remind you about how you were back then. So in conclusion, while Minnesota isn’t the same as Indiana, I do still like living in here.