Take Another Look This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Too many people are prejudiced. Most likely, you are too. You may not even be aware of it. It may be because someone looks or dresses differently than you, or the way someone acts, the type of music they listen to, their color, race, religion, intelligence, talents, financial status, or what you have heard through rumors or their reputation. No one in this world is superior or inferior to anyone else. And if you give a person a chance, you could find them very friendly and interesting. Sometimes a person will act differently or strange if they have been through a crisis or traumatizing experience, possibly at home, or they are trying to make friends by being someone they aren't. So, just be yourself, no matter what anyone else says, and give everybody a chance before making your judgement. n