Helpful Instruments | Teen Ink

Helpful Instruments

November 20, 2017
By Wendy_Yang BRONZE, Beijing, Other
Wendy_Yang BRONZE, Beijing, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Many parents let their children learn musical instruments when they are young, such as piano, violin, guitar, because they want their children to develop a good hobby or habit.  But, is playing an musical instrument really helpful to students’ studies? And why do so many children give it up to learn it? Obviously learning an instrument is good for children’s growth.


An instrument can make you more sensitive about music and it can make you doing things concentrate too. For example, a friend of mine called Lucy has played the piano for ten years. She began to learn it at three, and she said that: playing piano gives her great chances to improve herself, it makes her concentrate better. In addition, she is good at music, too. She had won the first prize of the ‘Beijing teenager piano competition’. Every year, there is a school party to celebrate the New Year, Lucy was always in it. And she entered a good middle school, because of her musical talent. Now, playing piano has been an indispensable thing in her life, she loves it.


Not everyone can continue practicing their instrument like Lucy every day. Because they need more time to learn the stuff from the school?they may not have enough time to practice their musical instrument. There is one classmate of mine, he saves his time logically. He is both good at his studies and violin. I’ve been asked him how could he learning both things well. He said: Just because he can save the time perfectly. We can see that is possible to both good at study and a musical instrument, it’s all buy oneself.


If students can play an instrument reasonably, it can enrich their daily lives and make every day colorful. Students only need to stop playing their phones an hour to practicing, and students can play it in front of everyone, if there’s a good chance. Isn’t that great?


On the other hand, lots of people give it up for many reasons.  When we are in middle school, we have more projects, more homework and more activities. We all fit them in perfectly, but we can’t have too much time to play an instrument again. It’s a quite difficult problem to someone who can’t plan their days reasonable.
To sum up, there’re both advantages and disadvantages for playing an instrument. If students can play an instrument reasonably, it can enrich their daily lives and make every day colorful. Students only need to stop playing their phones an hour to practicing, and students can play it in front of everyone, if there’s a good chance. Isn’t that great?