Letter To A Fallen Soldier | Teen Ink

Letter To A Fallen Soldier

By Trish SILVER, Lubbock, Texas
Trish SILVER, Lubbock, Texas

My beloved,
Why'd you have to go? Why'd you have to leave me? I was counting on forever, and now I'll never get the chance to call you mine again. When your sister called me, it felt like I had been stabbed in the heart. I will always love you, in this life and the next. You sacrificed your life to protect this country and my freedom, and I thank you for that but now I'll never get the opportunity to be in your arms again. I miss your touch, I miss your hugs and kisses, I miss seeing your face. I long for our movie nights. I miss hearing you laugh, when I'm being just a little bit goofy. Most of all, I miss smiling when I heard your voice. It seems as if I'll always be waiting for you to come home. I want everything to be ok again. I want to be with you again. I love you and miss you more than you could ever imagine.
LOVE YOU,
THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE

I recently lost my fiance in the war in Iraq and miss him very much, so I wrote this as sort of a tribute to him. And writing this also gave me a little closure.

Lreed7879 said...
I liked this story made me think of the Carrie Underwood song and my cousins are in Iraq.