The Best Season | Teen Ink

The Best Season

By Mr.QueensM8 BRONZE, Indio, California
Mr.QueensM8 BRONZE, Indio, California

My favorite season is winter. It’s not because I’m a cold person, but because of the certain senses that I result in having during this season.

I happen to enjoy wearing jackets. Winter is the only time of the year where I can wear one the whole day without taking it off and having to worry about it for the rest of the day. When I’m outside and cold all I have to do is put something on to keep warm. During the summer, it’s much harder to keep cool in one hundred twenty degree weather. However, I’d rather play a sport during the summer because during the winter I start to lose feeling in places because it gets way to cold.

The best part of Winter is when it rains for the first time in what feels like a whole year. If it rains down here where we are, we can be sure there is some snow up in the mountains. We live out in the Desert so it is always cool when it rains. It's a very different feeling from what we are used to.  But, I can’t forget when water forms puddles on the field and we get out of having to do Agilities for P.E.

I love getting in the car after being super cold and waiting for the heater to come on. When warm air comes out of the heater it feels so much better. I think it’s cool watching the raindrops fall onto the windshield and slide down the window. I remember looking at them wondering which one would fall to the bottom first.

Who doesn’t like Christmas? This is why most people wait for Winter. Some people don’t like the cold weather, or water falling from the sky. But for me, It brings back old memories of where we used to live. When it rains so hard it hurts. When a freezing wind brushes past you and gives a great big chill. These reasons are why I look forward to Winter.