Virtual Reality Driving Course | Teen Ink

Virtual Reality Driving Course MAG

Our small community has had to deal with too many deaths due to automobile accidents. We feel that life is precious and we are willing to do whatever it takes to protect it. Since human error is the leading cause of automobile accidents, we want to provide new drivers with more experience before they enter the highways of the world.

Our solution is to provide a new test for prospective drivers instead of the present day road test which we feel is inadequate. Our test is a virtual reality driving course. It includes country, city and expressway driving. Test takers would have to demonstrate their abilities at several driving maneuvers such as the different types of parking, turns, signals and traffic procedures. They would face different weather conditions such as snow, rain, fog, and strong winds. Nighttime driving and hazardous conditions could also be simulated. A computer would monitor the test taker's actions and reactions while calculating their score. As a result, new drivers will have the experience to drive more cautiously.

We feel that our solution is superior to present-day measures because we are more concerned with preventing automobile accidents from occurring. Today's solutions try to reduce the effects of automobile accidents but do not effectively decrease fatality and injury rates.

We hope that with the use of our virtual driving course, new drivers will have acquired the experience necessary to prevent most automobile accidents. In the long run, this will help to lower insurance costs and also the most important cost of life. s

Students: Luke Ballard f Colleen Contant f

Robb Dorazio f Janine Northrup f

Teacher-Advisor: Joseph Zawicki

i love this so much!