Dream Meeting with Chris Evans | Teen Ink

Dream Meeting with Chris Evans

By CarolinaIM SILVER, Plantation, Florida
CarolinaIM SILVER, Plantation, Florida

He is both an actor and a producer who is the face of Captain America. He has accumulated 24 nominations and has received four awards for his role in Marvel Movies including Best Fight, Best Superhero, Favorite Action Movie Actor, and Scene Stealer. He is none other than Chris Evans. Meeting Chris Evans would be exciting since he is a wonderful actor, he stars as my favorite superhero in the Marvel movies, and is a history buff like me.

He was not always the award-winning actor that he is today since he started off as any other actor would begin their career. He was inspired by his elder sister Carly as early as first grade and performed in many plays in elementary school. While attending Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School in Boston, his drama teacher saw his extraordinary skill in the production Winter’s Tale. After graduating he moved to New York and grew his acting skills at the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute.  In 2000, an agent brought him to the television screen where he began small roles in a variety of television series. His first breakthrough to the cinema screen was in the movie, “Not Another Teen Movie.” But, his rise to stardom came when he joined Stan Lee in the Marvel Comic Series movies. Captain America by far is his most successful role. Chris Evans is an amazing actor since he brings the scripted character to life in a way that makes the audience want to see the movie twice.

Chris Evans is my favorite Marvel Superhero. I have attended every Marvel movie that has ever been released. His debut with Marvel was as Johnny Storm a.k.a. The Human Torch in the Fantastic 4 movies from 2005 to 2007. In this two-movie deal, his character is a hot-headed guy, who has an affection for breaking the rules. The Human Torch is a wild guy who sometimes uses his powers just for the thrill of it. Chris Evan’s states, “What’s not to like about having a superpower? That’s like every little boy’s dream, isn’t it? What kid didn’t run around praying to be Superman? So it’s definitely satisfying the child in me," (marvel-movies.wikia). The Fantastic 4 was a platform that lead to his greatest success in the subsequent Marvel Movies. His popularity exploded when he portrayed Captain America in Captain America The First Avenger, Avengers, and Captain America the Winter Soldier. Chris Evans received critical acclaim for his roles in Fantastic Four, Captain America and the Avengers receiving the greatest number of awards from 2011-2015. I appreciate the way Evans symbolizes Captain America as a hero who believes in doing what is right and doing whatever it takes to carry out justice. This is a quality I admire, which is why Captain America is my favorite superhero. I am looking forward to enjoying Evans once again in the upcoming films: Captain America Civil War  and Avengers Infinity Wars I and II. 

In his personal life, Chris Evans is a history buff just as much as I am. Maybe meeting Chris Evans would mean connecting with this interest. He believes that history is something important in all of our lives. Chris’ love for history was born from his childhood visits to museums in Boston, Massachusetts. He is particularly fond of the history behind the town of Concord, which is one of the first settlements in the U.S. In a recent interview at the History Museum of Concord in February 2015, Chris describes his passion for history. When approaching the exhibits he says one should, “let it sink in and take you to a different time and place. It’s mind blowing! I like seeing actual things people used and trying to put yourself in a certain position,” he states. Chris wishes to promote history education and experience. Museums like Concord help you embrace your inner history.  If he asked my opinion about history, I am sure we would both agree that history is exhilarating.

Meeting Chris Evans would be a great honor. An encounter with him would be ‘marvelous’ since he is a phenomenal actor, he stars as my favorite superhero in the Marvel movies, who is no other than Captain America, and has a passion for history just like me. Who knows, maybe one day my family can fly over to L.A. and visit him where I might have the chance to exchange compelling history stories.

What I would do if the day came where I met one of my most favorite actors, Chris Evans!