Love At First Sight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Some people I know refuse to believe that love at first sight doesn't exist. Well, at first I didn't believe in it. But if you are one of those people, let me tell you that it is true, it happened to me, and it might happen to you too.

Let me tell you my story: I was in ninth grade in my country, El Salvador. There was a new girl in school, and when my friends told me her name, I made fun of her even without knowing her. I made fun of her unique name, "Alcira." I didn't know I was going to regret it by falling in love with her. When my friends and I were playing baseball, one of the girls in my team introduced her, since we needed one more player. So she joined my team. I was up next at bat. When I noticed her ... she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, blond, green eyes, perfect ... I stared at her, and a strong chill took over my body, my knees shaking like gelatin. I did not pay attention to what was going on in the world for a moment. I became so nervous that I missed all the pitches. I was punched just because I was looking at her. I was called the worst player of the team, and for that reason she smiled at me. Whenever I got close to her, I trembled. We lost the game because of me, but I didn't care. I did all I could to make her smile at me again. After the game I didn't have the guts to tell her how I felt. Then when I was entering the dressing rooms, I hit the wall instead of going through the door. Then she smiled at me again. Next thing I knew my grades had dropped from 90s to 70s.

Three weeks later I was sitting on a bench thinking about her. I wanted to tell her how I felt but I just couldn't. Then I noticed she and her friend were walking toward me. I shivered, I wanted to run but it was too late; they had already seen me. She was introduced to me; I trembled. I couldn't talk. I became sweaty and shuddered. At last I found the means to say something. While stuttering and with the help of her friend, I asked her to go out with me. I was expecting her to say no, but shyly she said yes. The bell rung. My body was so heavy that I thought I was going to faint. I lied and told them I was going to tie my shoes, but the truth was that I needed some time to recover.

I've told you something everyone should know - that love arrives when you least expect it. I know you never forget your first love ... c

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

mirela S. said...
this is sp beautiful keep on writing comment some of my work please