Perfecting The Toss | Teen Ink

Perfecting The Toss MAG

By Anonymous

   The steps to perfecting the tossing of popcorn are more complex than anyone ever thinks. Popcorn tossing must be done at a specific time and place. The first step is to find the perfect setting. This can vary, but I prefer my favorite seat in front of the television. The most ideal time is when the UConn women are pounding their opponents and it has become a shooting exhibition.

Now that you have established your spot, you can begin to make the popcorn. The popcorn that works best is Orville Redenbacher loaded with butter. You only live once, so have the butter. Place in the microwave for about three and a half to four minutes. If there is a burning aroma, stop microwave immediately.

Now the procedure begins. To start, eat a few pieces before the tossing begins. Then, once you have the taste of the popcorn, begin to toss it in the air and attempt to catch it in your mouth. If there are problems, open your mouth wider and keep on trying. After awhile you will get the hang of it and the popcorn will actually be caught in your mouth.

Once this art is mastered there are advanced steps to undertake. The first is to count how many times you can catch it in a row without missing. If you're up to it, try standing up. For the real daring ones, try to walk and catch at the same time.

If all these procedures are mastered, you will be a professional at tossing popcorn. Even if it doesn't work that well, it is still fun and can be enjoyed by everyone. So the next time you are eating popcorn or watching a game, give it a try. You might have more fun than you think. Just keep the procedures in mind and enjoy. c