Wishful Thinking This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

Iwould pay the last penny in the bottom of my childhoodpiggy bank to find the passion and unleash the inspiration that will take me downthe path to become an "adult."
I am an artist.
I would give up alifetime full of futile questions and curtains separating me from reality if onlyI could see the light behind the order of the chaos in the universe.
I am athinker.
I would chain my bleeding wrists to an eternity of challenges if Icould simply buy a jar full of stamina down at the five and ten and open it inthe face of failure.
I am a wanderer.
I would shape my physical desires tobe submissive to the effect of material poverty if in return I was given theconfidence to be my own flawless, imperfect individual.
I am an optimist withpessimistic episodes.
I would release 1,000,001 cupfuls of tears and sweat tohave a jaw that is strong enough to relax my tongue in the face of those whomI've hurt, but at the same time develop a strong speaking muscle that lets mespeak my mind to the world.
I am human, mistakes are my steppingstones.
Iwould give the world 1,001 sheets full of stories to learn from, or laugh at anda million smiles to wonder about if I was given the courage and time to live afull life.
I am the enemy of regret.

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the May 2001 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.