They Journey | Teen Ink

They Journey

By AngeRuggie BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
AngeRuggie BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

It is all about the journey. The journey of life is an up and down rollercoaster. Everyday I hear “ We will make it.” All I have is my mom and I. My mom is my rock, my team, and my everything.

This journey has been crazy already and I’m only 16 years old. I have a lot coming for me and a lot waiting for me. I’m still learning many lessons in life. What I’m trying to do is make my mother proud. I never want to see my mother struggle again. I never want to disappoint my mother again. I’ve made many mistakes in my 16 years of living, which has made it hard.

Last year was probably my worst year. My mind was not right and it’s still getting there. Seeing my mother cry because of my mistakes makes me want to do better. Between getting in trouble with the law and getting charges, plus going to rehab, there was a lot I needed to fix. I was stuck at the bottom; at least I thought I was.

I got put on probation for a year. I recently just got off and it taught me a lot. It taught me that everyone you hang out with is not good for you, that you can’t trust everyone, and that my mother is all I really have in this crazy journey of life. Ever since I have been getting on the right road my mother and me have been closer then ever. This is the way I want it to stay.

This year my hopes and goals mean a lot to me. All I want is to help my mother out, get a new job, get my drivers license, get good grades, and make my mother proud. “We will make it.” My mother and I will get through this life journey together. I’m really just blessed that I wake up every morning, but I will make the best of the rest of my life.

My mother inspired me to write this piece