The Future This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I want to live in a big house with a two-car garage andan in-ground swimming pool. But I want to live alone in a one-bedroom loft in NewYork City. I want to travel the world and see faraway places. But I want to livea life with routine. I want to be a successful businesswoman. But I want to be alittle kid for the rest of my life. I want to be a famous softball player. But Iwant to sit on my couch all day and eat pints of mint chocolate-chip ice cream. Iwant to get married. But I want to live my own life. I want to be a townie. But Iwant to get out of this place. I want to go to the University of Hawaii. But Iwant to stay close to home. I want to get good grades. But I want to stay up andwatch Conan O'Brien on the "Late Late Show." I want to meet Nomar. ButI want something to dream about. I want to stay in touch with old friends. But Iwant to forget the past, and move on. I want to be a rock star. But I want toknow I'll always be safe. I want to be a columnist. But I want to keep myopinions to myself. I want to be a super model. But I want to be judged on mypersonality. I want to be famous. But I want to have my privacy. I want to be anonly child. But I want to have nieces and nephews. I want to be popular. But Iwant to be different. I want to be a pilot. But I want to keep my feet on theground. I want almost everything. But I want to remain practical. c

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 6:42 am
i love this so much!