Trick or Truth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I couldn't believe that my teacher did not believe me! I had been such a good student the whole year. Actually, I had been a good student all through high school. Now there were four days left, and all the seniors had a severe case of senioritis. But that was not why I didn't have my homework that day. It wasn't because I hadn't finished it, but because my dog had eaten it. I know, I know! It's the oldest story in the book, probably told by millions of kids each day. But it was true!

I have this bad habit of being a messy eater. It does not matter what I am eating, it could be a banana and I would still manage to have it all over me by the time I'm done. Okay, so I was finishing my homework right before bed, and also eating my supper. That could be the fault of the Lady Mustang basketball team since I had been there showing my school spirit. So here I was, tired from the game and the drive home, my throat sore from cheering for the girls, and all I wanted was to go to bed.

Then plop. A huge drop of sauce dripped out from the cheese onto my homework. Normally, I would never think about turning in homework with a huge spot of pizza sauce on it, but I was too tired to care or start over. I finally finished my homework and my supper at the same time. As I got up from the kitchen table, Max, my crazy dog, came running into the kitchen and leapt up on a kitchen chair. And guess what? Right. The next thing I knew, my homework was his! He dashed off into the living room with all my hard work in his mouth.

Before I could catch my dog, it was history. Well, actually the homework was Calculus, but you get the idea. Now, seriously, is that such a hard story to comprehend? In my own opinion, no, it is not, but my teacher said that it was a "tall tale," which is very ironic because Max, who is in the process of digesting my homework, has a short cute tail!

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 5:55 am
i love this so much!