I Have a Dream | Teen Ink

I Have a Dream MAG

By Anonymous

     "I say to you today, my friends, that in spiteof the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is adream deeply rooted in the American dream." So begins the famous speech. Mydream is one deeply devoted to the passion and love that all people have for thislife on earth.

I have a dream that one day I will dance beneath the lightsof a Broadway stage. My love for dancing will help me strive for this goal, andafter it is achieved, I will feel that my life is complete.

I have a dreamthat my father will learn not to take life for granted and will spend timecommunicating with my siblings and me. When, and only when, that happens will heknow the greatness of living and be the richest man alive. I have adream.

I have a dream that someday there will be more excitement in mycity and on my road. When there is hardly anyone living around you, you do nothave much of a social life. As a teenager, I cannot survive without socializationor friends. I have a dream.

I have a dream that soon the state of Michiganwill not have such odd weather patterns. It is not normal for the temperature tobe 64 degrees in November, and then the next day have snow. It is odd andunpredictable, and you never know what clothes to wear. I have a dream.

Ihave a dream that one day our country will unite as one. We will look not at thecolor of one's skin, but at the pureness of one's heart. One day thisdiscrimination will disappear forever, and our country will be bonded togetherwith love for all people. I have a dream.

I have a dream that our worldwill one day be a better place for us, and for our children. There will be peaceand love for all, with no wars, poverty or unkindness. All people will havehearts of gold and will care for one another with good spirit and faith. I have adream.

This dream is not only for me, and what I wish to achieve, but thisdream is a message to all of humankind. To all who shout with glory, and all whoweep with pain. This dream is at the root of all American dreams, and ifsuccessful, these roots will branch and grow into a beautiful tree, harvestingglorious flowers. This tree represents the tree of life, and its flowers bear thefruit that represent the closeness and love of all the people on earth. I have adream.