This Is An Apology Letter. | Teen Ink

This Is An Apology Letter.

September 26, 2014
By Anamareally SILVER, Saluda, North Carolina
Anamareally SILVER, Saluda, North Carolina
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.


This is an apology letter for you and me. 

I'm sorry that we ended, and I'm sorry that we never began.

Here is everything that I'm sure of.

I'm sure that you were a moon, and I was the ocean because the way you drove me back again and again was really just nature telling us to be together. Your touch made my body into a storm that met every one of your fingertips. Your mouth used to say, "It's wrong, it's wrong", but your lips surely told me that everything was right. You brought me to school and taught me all the important subjects, like art and arithmetic, using my body as your canvas to work out the equations that shouldn't have made me and you. The love that existed in between us was the sort that overwhelming and daring and came crashing down all at once like a wave. The love that existed between us was simple. Simple, but significant. I don't believe there ever was such a love that was like ours, except maybe in a tree that grows the sky everyday, rain or shine.

You see, I'm convinced that different sorts of people awaken different beasts within you because there was never a time before you that I would have accepted my fate as someone who would get their heart broken daily. I might've been the ocean to your moon but the moon isn't affected by the ocean in the same way that the waves live for the moon. I could have sworn that you were singing me love songs, but some people just chew with their mouth open, I guess. 

This is an apology for how I let things grow when they shouldn't have, and how I had to break before I became a mosaic of light and shadow.  I guess the trouble with love that is overwhelming and daring is that when it all comes crashing down, so do you. 

I'm sure of these things.

We made electricity and static charge. I loved you with a love that was greater than anything you could have felt for me, and I will miss you forever. 


The author's comments:

Before I give my body, I must give my thoughts, my dreams. And you weren't having any of those.