3 Thing That Describe Me | Teen Ink

3 Thing That Describe Me

By HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania

"You are not popular by the number of friends you have but, by the number of true friends you have." --Me

I have three siblings and one more for the school year. I have Darian, Kacie, and Zach. My foreign exchange student, Galya Burlakova. I have one dog and two cats. I play many sports. I also play alto saxophone in the band and in symphony. Three things that symbolize me are, a mini statue of liberty, Darian’s dog tags, and my fast forward skate wheel.
My first item is, a mini statue of liberty. The statue is significant to me because my dad proposed to my mom in front of the statue. My statue of liberty was given to me by my Grandmother, but was in my Great Grandfather’s house when he passed away. I didn’t even know he had the replica of the statute until, I went with my grandparents and my brother. We went to Ellis Island and the Statue in July. We went to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty on a bus tour with my mom’s friend. I sat with my brother and he tried to teach me Russian, because I’m taking Russian as my language. On the way home, I read Streets of Gold, until one of the bus’s tires blew. When the tire blew we had to wait for another bus to take us the rest of the way home. My most recent memory of the Statue of Liberty was amazing, both the trip and the sights.
My second item is, Darian’s dog tags. Of course this set of his dog tags he gave to me, because he has many, many pairs. Darian and I are best friends. We do a lot together, we used to go fishing a lot, but now we don’t go as much. We both used to play football, he is the main reason I really played football. I wanted to take Russian as my language because of him and we ended up having the same online teacher. Darian just got back from Lithuania, a country in Europe. When he was gone,  I would wear his dog tags the whole time no matter what I was doing.  I am really considering following him into the military, because I have seen how much he likes it and how many new friends he has made in the army. Darian and I look alike and sometimes act alike, but not always.
My last item I use to describe me is my fast forward skate wheel. I am on the Fast Forward speed skating team.  We are based out of Turner’s Skate Palace in Hagerstown, MD. My team and I are apart of the National Speedskating Circuit (NSC). Mostly all of us went to indoor nationals in Lincoln, Nebraska this past July. Next year indoor nationals are in Albuquerque, New Mexico in July.  My team colors are blue, red, and yellow.  I made the skate wheel as close to the real size of my skate wheel as possible, and I printed my team name on the front. My coach is Patricia Leazier, she is a science teacher at South Hagerstown High School.  She used to speed skate alongside my mom until my mom quit. Patty also used to work at Western Heights with Mr. Carbaugh. At school, I’m a freshman, but in the skate world I’m a sophomore. Freshman in the skate world are 12 and 13, Sophomores are 14-16.
Many things can symbolize me, three main things used to symbolize me are, a mini statue of liberty, my brothers dog tags, and a fast forward skate wheel. If I were to choose three items in middle school to do the same project my items would change a lot, I would choose a picture of a Puffin, a pom-pom, and a Xbox 360 controller. The picture of a puffin would mainly be, because of Ms. Foltz. We had a fight going on all throughout middle school because I was anti-puffin and she was pro-puffin. She even made me write her an essay on it last year. I would choose a pom-pom, because my sister and I both loved to cheer. I would choose an Xbox 360 controller, because I like to play a lot of video games, especially because of Darian.