The Simple Pleasures Challenge

I am a girl of simple pleasures.

I love rain, books, tea, fireplaces, art, warm blankets… I don’t need much.

When I was younger, I wanted to find a homeless person, and give them tea. I thought it would make them so happy to drink some. Afterall, it was an ethereal drink.

I still think they would like some nice, warm tea. Maybe a little sugar, some milk if they want it. If I was homeless, tea would make me smile, maybe cry a bit.    

I don’t understand how people can be so cold-hearted and tell me that being homeless is ALWAYS their fault. Of course, there are a handful in every group that are homeless because of drugs, or because they decided to ignore their bills and shop instead.

But what about the others?

What about the families that are starving on the side of the road? What about the people who live in a two seat truck with three kids because their company went under, and no one can hire them?

I can see the sadness in their eyes, and I want to help them. Maybe they’re just like me, and they would like some tea too. I bet a few of them like fires, warm blankets, and books as well.

SIMPLE pleasures to us. Miles away to them.

Go look around, and tell me you can’t find at least one of those things in your house. Chances are, you can find most of those Simple Pleasures.

I challenge you to go out and buy five of your favorite things. You can find some of them at the Dollar Store or clearance section at stores, just put some thought into what you buy.

Put them in a basket, and place it in the back of your family car. If you see someone on the side of the road with a sign, give it to them. Chances are, you’re helping them in a way you’ll never understand.

Hope, and love are gives many people would cherish. No one should think that not one person cares about them. Be that person, help someone in need.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 9 at 2:16 pm
I should this. :) I love the idea and challenge, I'm going to try to do it. :) I should also, share this idea and challenge with my Youth Group. :) I love it. You are a wonderful person, Liv.Harris. You're inspiring and brave and awesome. :) Thank you so much, for sharing this. 

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 10 at 9:42 pm
Thanks soooooo much! If you do share it with your youth group, tell them I said hi! lol Thanks again, my blossom filled friend!