The American Dream | Teen Ink

The American Dream

April 5, 2014
By sudha medapati SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
sudha medapati SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What is the American dream? According to Dictionary.com the American dream is “The ideals of freedom, equality, and opportunity traditionally held to be available to every American.” I remember I was around eight when I came to america. I remember getting off that plane and seeing all the diversity. I was such an incredibly moment to see all these colors. Do you believe that the American dream exists. Some people agree that the american dream only exists for certain people. I believe that The American Dream exists for all people Because of the freedom and equality the country brings, the opportunity, and certainly the modern era had an effect on the american dream.

One reason the american dream does exist is because of The laws that we enforce. Our country was born on the roots of being free and equal. America is known as the “free country”. No that does not mean that people can get things for free but are living in a place of choice. If we compare america with other countries we enforce freedom and equality for all people. Look around you. I bet you will find someone out there who is another religion or ethnicity than you. There is no such thing as someone who is from here. Everyone is from somewhere else or their ancestry is from elsewhere. But together we are american!

America is also a land of opportunity. Everyone has the potential to have anything that wanted. All they need to do is work hard. Some people in other countries will probably get stopped because of their gender, color or even sexual orientation.

Remember that this is the 21st century and we have developed and flourished so much. From slavery and segregation to an african american president. From No women's rights to women holding some of the highest positions. Even though we have already made many development not only politically but also developed the american dream.

Yes. The american dream is possible and was represented through the information above. We as america have significantly increased the american dream and are one of the top countries out there. But remember to truly accomplish the american dream we must first represent hard work. America also has many more battles to fight to keep the american dream alive like gay rights. Alway appreciate the country you live because the american dream is possible!