Can't Get In | Teen Ink

Can't Get In

By heyguy SILVER, Lisbon, Wisconsin
heyguy SILVER, Lisbon, Wisconsin

Throughout the United States more and more schools have been locking their doors. After shootings that have been happing, every school is trying to keep the kids as safe as possible. Arrowhead High school is now joining in for the same reason.

Vice Principle Pete Nejedlo says, “It is all for security reasons. Doors along with the badges are designed to keep control of who is coming in and who is in the building.”

Making sure we know who is in the building is just the start of making a safe school. Having a police officer in the building will also make a major difference.
Nejedlo isn’t alone on this.
Senior Thomas Mccormick says, “I believe it’s important that we have the doors locked. It keeps the bad guys out of the side and gives us time to react if something goes wrong.”

Once school starts the all the doors in the school are locked except the front door. At the front door you are giving a badge to where around, which will identify who you are. With all of the safety precautions throughout Arrowhead’s two campuses our school can remain safer.

There is one thing that Arrowhead is lacking when it comes to safety in the building. The back doors by the woods and auto’s room are being opened during school hours which can give someone a good chance of getting in without anyone knowing.