Parking Pass | Teen Ink

Parking Pass

December 11, 2013
By heyguy SILVER, Lisbon, Wisconsin
heyguy SILVER, Lisbon, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Parking passes is something that gets taken care of in the beginning of the year and no longer has to worry about it. Once it’s in the car for the rest of the school year students tend to forget about it until you see it every day either walking to their car or even the pass hanging down in front of drivers faces!

North Campus teacher Liz Munkwitz says, “I like the sticker pass because it doesn’t hang down in my line of vision as the student pass does.”

Then there is Auto passes. These passes are about half the size of the student parking passes.

Barb Melvin says, “Either situation, dealing with the sticker and pass both has their down sides. The parking pass that we have now is easy for me to see while checking for passes, and the small sticker is harder for me to see, but I’m not against any change.”
The main thing on a parking pass is the numbers that indicate that it is their car. By having the parking passes a dark color like black along with it being half the size it will make them less noticeable.

Let’s be honest here, who actually wants to drive around with a big white parking pass with stars on them while hanging with their friends. Sure, students could argue that they could just take it off and then put it back on when they’re done. But when they forget to put it back on they end up getting a ticket.

The solution is a sticker on the cars, just like the teachers have them. This way Autos can still have their pass and parking pass can be right next to it.

Senior John Marquardt says, “I think they are a waste, especially with the amount of money you have to pay.”

Money is one thing that every kid will have to pay in order for is parking lots to stay the way they are. They require basic maintenance just like everything else at the school.