Silly Sally! | Teen Ink

Silly Sally!

December 10, 2013
By Zombiehuntress SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee
Zombiehuntress SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


Meet Sally. She is seven summers old. She lives with her mom, her dad, and her sister. Today is a very special day. Today, Sally gets to run some errands for her mom. This is the first time she’s done it without her mom or dad. The list calls for: flour, dough, crayons, and hay. With the help of her super sparkly backpack and her super shiny new markers, she heads off to find the first item.

Skipping out of the house, Sally steps on to her porch and stops. She wonders where she could find some flour. Looking out in to her new flower garden, a grin spreads over her face. Why, she could find some “flour” in her front yard! Stepping over vegetables and toadstools (that’s where her fairies live) she crouches down in her flower patch. Which one should she choose? A blue flower grows taller and brighter than the rest and she chooses that one. Plucking it from the ground, she opens her backpack and gently lays the flower inside. Taking out her handy-dandy list, she marks off “flour”. Silly Sally!
Now all she needs is dough, crayons, and hay.

Meet Stanley. Stanley is Sally’s best friend. He spots her in the flower garden and rushes over to see what she is up to. Sally shows him the list and he decides to help. He knows just where to find some dough. Stanley’s favorite animal is a doe! They run inside Stanley’s house and ask his mom if they can borrow one of Stanley’s stuffed animals. Of course, she says yes. Sally and Stanley fast walk to Stanley’s room. There’s no running in the house. Stanley goes to where his doe is usually laying but it isn’t there! Where could it be? Sally searches in the closet, under the bed, and in the pile of clothes, but no doe. Stanley looks under his pillow and there it is! Stanley unzips Sally’s super sparkly backpack and sets the doe next to the flower. Sally, using her super shiny markers, marks dough off her list. Silly Sally!
Now all that is left to find is crayons and hay!

Stanley has to eat lunch and so he says goodbye to Sally. Sally waves goodbye and heads towards her next stop to find crayons. Sally knows just the place! Her friend Sydney loves to play princess and will have some crowns. Sydney lives across the street and so Sally looks both ways before crossing the wide street to Sydney’s house. When she gets there, she rings the doorbell and Sydney’s younger sister answers. On her head is a crown. Sally asks if she can borrow the crown. Susie, Sydney’s younger sister, pouts and shakes her head. Susie doesn’t like sharing. Sally frowns. She tells Susie that she will give it back but Susie stills says no. Suddenly Sydney comes to save Sally. She says sorry for Susie’s attitude and lets Sally borrow one of her big, bright and beautiful crowns. Sally smiles and says thank you. Placing the crown in the backpack, she draws a thick pink line through “crayon” on her list. Silly Sally!
There is only hay left on the list!

Heading back home, Sally knows exactly where to say hey.
Finding her mom in the kitchen, she puts all the stuff on the table and says, “Hey mommy! I found all your stuff!”
Her mom turns around and laughs, “Oh Sally! I gave you the wrong list!” She hands Sally the correct list and on it says: a flower, a doe, a crown, and to say hey to someone. Silly mommy!


The author's comments:
This is a fun little children's book that I wrote for Creative Writing. I like wordplay and so that is the main jist of my story.