Inspiration This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Inspiration is a fickle flirt. He comes and goes, leaving my notebooks full of erratic bursts of passion. Sometimes I almost wish we had never met. I remember that first day; my thoughts were a collision of naivety and girlish impropriety. It was pen to paper and I lost myself in discovering the “inner me.”

Inspiration guided me blindly through heartbreaks and near self-destructions, preserving the sanity my mind so desperately clung to. But then there were other nights when I blared my music and lit some candles, but inspiration never came. I just sat in the dark, wide awake with hands of stone and a restless mind. Of course, inspiration always called the next morning, making sure I had survived the night, begging me to take him back.

. said...
Totally awesome! Easy and fun to understand, and with true facts. Plz keep writing more poems!! :D

Rebecca24 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love it! I can relate to this. I love the way you word things in this piece. Great job :)

yael K. said...
Mar. 2, 2009 at 12:54 am
greattt writing, really impressive, i love the personification fun to read something i can relate too!!! keep it up!!