NIghtmare | Teen Ink

NIghtmare

November 5, 2013
By Kels323655 SILVER, Exline, Iowa
Kels323655 SILVER, Exline, Iowa
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As I walk down the hallway all I could hear in my ears is a ticking sound. I looked on the walls, on the ceiling, and my wrist. There was no clock anywhere in sight. As I kept walking I could hear laughing. I looked behind me and all I seen was a black hallway. My heart started to bear faster and faster. I took a right turn at the end of the hallway. The hallway looked like the hallway in the Walking dead season 1 episode 1. The lights were falling out of the ceiling along with the air duck’s and the doors were almost off their hinges. I saw a sign above the door that read, “Welcome to the Mental Institute.” My eyes grew big, my stomach began to fill with fear and my body to shake. I realized that I was where people went on a rapid suicide rant. I thought back to that my Uncle Blake helped the doctors and nurses to calm the patients.
As I look in each room more closely I can now see the patient’s dead. As I am looking into a room I can hear the ticking sound again, “Tick Tock Tick Tock.” I look around the room for a clock, I couldn’t find one. My heart started to pound hard that I could hear it in my ears. I start to hear a laughing sound again. I turn around and I see red foot prints that weren’t there before. My stomach drops even deeper. I couldn’t swallow at the sight of the foot prints. “Something is in here with me. No everyone is dead. Maybe it’s my uncle Blake,” I thought to my self. I stood there in fear not wanting to move on or even go close to those foot steps. I walk away and go the other way from the prints. I walk slowly down the hallway looking in each room at the patients dead with blood on them, on the floor, and on the wall. I cross this one room with a little girl who is hanging from the ceiling. She looked as if she was about 12 years old. I saw her black hair and the rope swinging.
Tears filled my eyes as I saw that little girl hang there. More thoughts ran through my mind. What has happened to this place, why did everyone go on a suicide rant, and where is my uncle? I get to the end of my thoughts along with at the end of the hallway. I see a pile of blood in a row down the next hallway. I froze in fear as I seen dead bodies down the hallway with white bored in their hands. Written on the white bored is what made me rethink ever coming here. The signs said in red bright blood in capital letters, “YOU’RE NEXT!” I started to shake again as I kept walking down the hallway trying not to step on any of the bodies. The ticking sound was even louder now as I went over each body with the white bored. When I get to the end of the hallway I see a stairwell to the upstairs. Maybe my uncle is up there. I open the stairwell doors and I walk slowly up the stairs.
When I open the second floor door I heard a voice laughing saying, “You’re next, you have been warned.” The voice kept repeating these same words over and over. I start to rush down the hallway and I hear blood dripping again. When I turn at the end of the hallway I wish I didn’t turn. I stood there in fear and sadness as I see my Uncle Blake hanging from the ceiling. I fell to my knees and I started to cry. It felt like my whole world when down hill. I went out to find a latter so I could go get him down. I found the janitors closet and went to go back to my uncle. I got him down and I laid him on the floor. My heart stopped as I felt his cold hands and his cold face. I looked at the neck where there was still blood coming out. I knew my uncle wasn’t coming back. I laid there next to him not wanting to leave. As I look at his face for the last time I fell asleep crying.
I woke up to a banging sound in the Institute. I was getting dragged away. I look at my uncle’s body for the last time for I knew who ever had me was going to kill me. I heard the ticking sound again but this time was different. It felt like the ticking sound was right in front of me. I look at who has my feet. To my horror I saw a guy in an Institute gown. The guy had blood all over him with a clock in his hand that read, “Death Clock.” It had 5 more minutes left. The guy finally put me down and grabbed my wrist. He pulled me up and slammed me against the wall. In his hand was a knife.
“I told you that you were next. You had been warned. Now you’re going to die just like your uncle.”

My heart felt a sharp pain as he put the knife into my chest. I watch as the clock was winding down to a minute. I watched as my blood spud out of my body. I saw my life flash before my eyes. The last thing I saw was my uncle Blake in heaven. As I close my eyes I saw the clock had 30 seconds left. When it hit zero I was dead. All I saw was blackness. I woke up to my alarm going off. MY heart was beating and tears were going down my face. This was the worst nightmare that I had of my Uncle Blake.