Instagram | Teen Ink

Instagram

September 23, 2013
By Nicole9321 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
Nicole9321 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Instagram is an online sharing application to which teenagers are addicted to. It’s an application where teens can post pictures or videos publicly or privately, can tag a photo to a category, and tag where the picture was taken. Although launched just three years ago, over 90 million users have joined the service. Instagram is an easy way to see what your friends are up to, and by double tapping the screen you can show them that you like what they have posted. Teenagers seem to be posting Instagram photos non-stop, and seem to be addicted to checking their feed on the latest picture or video.

In 2011, all of my friends started getting Instagram accounts, so naturally I became interested. I created an Instagram and posted my first picture. Ever since then, I have been addicted to this social media app, checking friends' and celebrities pictures to see what they are doing and saying.It is also a way that I can share a great photo that I have taken, and make it better by adding filters. Filters are different photo effects that you can add before the picture is shared. Many users create different filters to add dimension to their photo.

Almost every celebrity has an Instagram, account from Justin Bieber with over ten million followers to Ellen Degeneres with over two million followers. To keep track of your favorite celebrity, simply press the "Follow" button; by doing so when that user posts a photo, it will appear on the feed of whoever is following them. Being able to like and comment on celebrities' Instagrams is satisfying for teenagers because it gives them connection a with that celebrity.

As Instagram progresses' more users will join and become sucked into this social media craze. I think that Instagram will become more popular than any other social media website because it’s a great way to show off your photography skills and also keep up with the latest trends.