Music | Teen Ink

Music

By MKAYYYY SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
MKAYYYY SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Everytime something happens that impacts me, I can never seem to put the emotions into words. I want to share my philosophy with others, but most of the time the emotions are so broad that my words cannot express the point. Thats why I turned to music. Music inspires me tremendously. It not only helps me define my emotions, but motivates me to be a better person. Four bands that have inspired me the most are A Day To Remember, Breaking Benjamin, All Time Low, and Breathe Carolina. These musicians and the messages they promote are a huge part of my life, they encourage me to be as happy and successful as I can possibly be.
Breaking Benjamin is one of my favorite bands because of their genuine lyrics. I feel like I can relate to almost all of their songs because they take the thoughts that I can't express, and put them into words. Whether the occurrence is positive or negative, they are able to honestly describe real emotions and sensations. The band’s lyrics focus mostly on inner emotions that are rarely expressed and hidden by the world today. Breaking Benjamin describes how it is good to release these, and to share my personal opinions with others—everyone has some type of conflict in their life, so why hide it? While Breaking Benjamin covers the deeper feelings from inside, All Time low illuminates the brighter emotions.
The message that I get from All Time Low, is to stay true to and believe in myself and the ones I love. Their lyrics help me make sense of and focus on the most important things in life. Small things that happen now may not get even a second glance, but they could drastically impact the future. Not only does the band describe the importance of focusing on what the future holds, but living in the moment. Lyrics like “Before you ask which way to go, remember where you've been,” keep them grounded and relevant to current pop culture. All Time Low defines the cheerful emotions that I have, and Breathe Carolina shows me how to expresses them.
Breathe Carolina’s music is on the upbeat side compared to other types of music. I love this because the beats urge me to be active and exciting. The moral that they share with me is to live my life how I want to, and do what makes me happy. Their lyrics target the fortunate things in the world, that benefit everyone. Breathe Carolina’s music helps me forget of the awful experiences in life, and focus only on the good. Their mottos are to not live life uptight and secluded from the world, never obsess over the worst case scenarios, and always “stay inspired”, “stay confident”, and “stay positive”. Breathe Carolina helps me express my ideas in the world, A Day To Remember stresses how they can make a huge difference.
A Day To Remember’s songs are all about real life situations, and how to make the best of them. The band highlights the fact that the world is not perfect, but with combined effort, it can at least be a better place. Whenever something unfortunate happens, explore the good that can come of it rather than loathing in grief. They say that It is better to try and improve than to not try at all. Each song emphasises that I, or any listener, are never alone. With motivational lyrics like, “If we believe that if we all stand together, were a force that can shake the whole world,” and “You and me, we stand for something.” I feel like average people can make a difference.

Music is one of the greatest influences in my life. Each band has helped me connect with the world in a different way. I love these individual musicians for picking me up when I'm feeling down, and pushing me into better things. They help me phrase my deepest thoughts and specify my feelings on ideas. Whenever I need guidance that isn't with me, music always is. I am extremely glad that I turned to music, and I am incredibly excited to continue to hear and discover more uplifting tunes and stories. I desperately hope that others will turn to music as well. With music, I am able to “stay inspired”, “stay confident”, and “stay positive”.

Music inspires me.