Unusual animals | Teen Ink

Unusual animals

April 12, 2013
By werewolfprincess GOLD, Ione, Washington
werewolfprincess GOLD, Ione, Washington
12 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Death cannot stop love it can only delay it for a bit- the princess bride


There are many different unusual animals in the world. If I had to pick only three. I would choose a white tiger, a family of orcas and a pack of white wolfs.


First white tigers are very cute. I think they are really cool with their snow white skin. White tigers are a recessive mutant of a Bengal tiger. German- American magicians Siegfried and Roy became very famous for breeding and training two white tiger for their performances. White tigers intend to be somewhat bigger both at birth and fully grown adults. Currently several hundreds of beautiful white tigers are being held in captivity all around the world. It is noteworthy that the first person to speak out against the displaying of white tigers was William Conway, director of the NY Zoological Association. Later became known as the Bronx zoo when he said “White tigers are freaks.


Second orcas more namely killer whales. They are very big and beautiful. An orca is a toothless whale belonging to the oceanic dolphin family. Wild killer whales are not considered a threat to the humans. Most orcas travel in tiny groups called a pod. All male and female pod members participate in caring for their young. Female whales mature around age fifteen. Killer whales have good eyesight above and below the water, excellent hearing, and a good sense of touch. Killer whales have the second-heaviest brains among marine mammal.



Last my most favorite white wolfs are very beautiful with their white fur. White wolfs are the only subspecies of wolfs which is not threatened their remote home meaning they are relatively safe from the activities of men. A female wolf after gestation of sixty-three to seventy-five days gives birth to two or three pups in late May to early June. The wolf puppies are dependent of their mother for food and protection. At five weeks old the pups are allowed outside the den for the first time. The whole wolf pack may take part in caring for the pups until their mother returns with food. The wolves can withstand the arctic weather, with the help in their thoroughly insulated fur. Lone white wolves are young males that have left their pack to seek their own territories; they avoid other wolves, unless they are able to mate then find an abandoned territory, a lone wolf will claim it by marking the territory with its scent, and then gather other lone wolves into its pack.

There are many different unusual animals. If I had to pick only three. I would choose a white tiger, a pod of orcas and a white wolf pack. These are my reasons why


The author's comments:
this was for an english assignment