Life of Robby | Teen Ink

Life of Robby

November 26, 2012
By heyguy SILVER, Lisbon, Wisconsin
heyguy SILVER, Lisbon, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Robby, a sophomore in high school is being very successful with his life. With his baseball career in the spring and over the summer, some may wonder how tough that can actually be. Baseball has always been something that Robby has been passionate about, when it comes to playing outside with his friends or playing a real game with his fellow teammates, he has always been dedicated. School work, spending time with his family, and playing baseball on top of that can be rough, but Robby has shown that it can be done in a very successful way.

Going to high school and taking playing a sport can be hard on anyone, but being well kept and organized is very important to being successful. Tobby says, “School work is first. I strive to get good grades and then focus on sports after even if that requires me to stay after to get help.” When going to school there is going to be homework and test to study for, that why if your not organized you are most likely going to fall behind. What also is important is getting help when needed, if you don’t get help you are more likely not as do well. According to the National Sleep Foundation, it says, “Teens need about 9 ¼ hours of sleep each night to function best (for some, 8 ½ hours is enough). Most teens do not get enough sleep- one study found that only 15% reported sleeping 8 ½ hours on school nights.” Robby says, “He tries his best to get eight hours of sleep each day if not more.

Robby says, “After coming home from school and baseball it can be really hard to interact with my family. I grab some food and start on my homework right away, and then that sets the only time for me to be by my family is at dinner.” He noted that everyday isn’t like that, but it seems that it is hard for him during baseball season. Robby says “My family is very important to me, I always feel like I need to spend time with the ones that are closest to me.”

Overall Robby says, “Things have been going great this year, being organized and staying on task have really got me through everything a lot easier. I hope by the start of the next season I will be on the varsity baseball team and I am hoping to go to get a good scholarship for any college to advance my baseball career!” Robby has seemed to be working hard for what he wants and his striving for excellence will make him go far in his life. School work, spending time with his family, and playing baseball on top of that can be rough, but Robby has shown that it can be done in a very successful way.