Who I Am | Teen Ink

Who I Am

May 8, 2008
By Anonymous

Who am I? I am the unknown. I am the girl who stays in her sister’s shadow scared of what people may think of her. I am the girl who’s timid and shy, but on the inside I’m just waiting to be set free. I am the girl who wants to love but holds back scared she’ll get hurt. I am the girl who’s never kissed a guy and proud of it. I am the girl who’s fourteen and doesn’t have a kid. I am the girl who stays up late at night writing down my thoughts making sure I don’t miss a detail. I am the girl who yearns to be accepted but at the same time wants to forge her own path. I am the girl who has a callus on her ring finger from writing too much. I am the girl who’d rather curl up with a good romance book than go get my nails French manicured. I am the girl who puts on make-up but then removes it because I want people to see who I really am. I am the girl who’s room is a mess and who’s mom yells at to clean up her room. I am the girl with only one best friend. I am the girl who goes to church every Sunday and Wednesday. I am the girl who has a great beauty but thinks she’s the ugly duckling. I am the girl who waiting on her Prince Charming, hoping one day he’ll come and sweep me off my feet. I am the girl who runs in the rain, not caring if my hair gets wet. I am the girl who has her iPod up as loud as it will go trying to drown out the nasty, heartless, world that awaits just a few decibels away. I am the girl that tries not to make fun of people but does it anyway. I am the girl who hates attention but loves goofing off. I am the girl who’s eyebrows aren’t exactly perfect, who’s nails aren’t perfectly trimmed. I am the girl who has zits on her face as a constant reminder that no one is perfect, though many people try. I am the girl who hates drama but a few years ago I wanted to be a celebrity. I am the girl who everybody loves once they get to know me. I am the girl who could care less what people thought of me but at the same time wondering Will they like me? I am just your average, ordinary, everyday, typical teenage girl. I AM ME.