I want to be that girl | Teen Ink

I want to be that girl

May 28, 2012
By Jessica Jorge BRONZE, East Boston, Massachusetts
Jessica Jorge BRONZE, East Boston, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I am within many of the young females, living their life. I am living my teen years, one of the hardest years of a female life. In your teen years, you face so many problems and make the hardest decisions of your lifetime. What should I eat to maintain a healthy weight? What sports should I dedicate my time too? Instead of sleep, what assignments should I complete for a good grade? What should I wear to not stand out? Who can I trust to be my friends? Who can I trust to put my heart into their hands? Because of all these hard decision I have to make, I want to be that girl who is skinny, athletic, smart, fashionable, popular, and loved.
I want to be that skinny girl. I want to be able to eat all types of foods and not gain weight. I want to be able to eat rice, bread, cereal and any food with grain all the times. I want to be that skinny girl who does not only eat salad. I want no one to tell me not to eat something, because I’m “fat”. I want to be that skinny girl that no one makes fun of their fat jiggling when they dance or run. I want to go to the doctors’ office and be told you are at a “perfect” weight. Or I can be that skinny girl who needs to gain weight. All that matters is that I become that skinny girl, who is never told again in their lifetime that they have to lose 40 pounds.


I want to be that athletic girl. I want to be able to run. I want to be that girl who can run without her body getting dehydrated. I want to be that girl who never worries about her heart problems or scoliosis getting in the way of doing what she wants to do. I want to be that girl who plays soccer, dodge ball, volleyball, tennis, softball, football and etc. I want to be that athletic girl who watches every single game. I want to be able to cheer with my family all the time when they watch a game, especially soccer. I want to be that girl who knows all the rules about games, and never asks what happened such as who has a yellow or red card. I never want to ask again, why a person isn’t playing.
I want to be that “smart” girl. I want to be able to get headmasters awards every term, and not constantly get all A’s and one B. I want to be that girl standing in front of my class every term having straight A’s and becoming a role-model. I want to walk through the stage with my peers being the valedictorian of the O’Bryant class of 2013. I want to be an awesome test taker. I want to be that girl who always understands something when she reads, and is able to answer majority of the multiple-choice questions in a passage correctly. I want to be that girl who will have a perfect score or almost perfect on SAT’s. I want to be that girl that gets a 4 or a 5 on my AP exams. I want to be that smart girl that can read at a fast pace, and read a 300 page book in four hours. I want to know a lot of vocabulary. I want to be that girl that has good writing skills as such as grammar, sentence structure, and word choice. I never will be one of the girls with a 1 on the practice AP exam.
I want to be that fashionable girl. I want to be able to afford clothing lines and shoe lines and able to have time to shop. I want to be that girl who wears Bebe, Ecko, Aeropostale, Hollister, Guess, The North Face, and American Eagle and never worries about the price. I also want to wear high-heels, Nike’s, and Jordan’s. I want people to see me has that girl who is a role-model. I want to be that girl who has so much clothing that she does not ever have to wear the exact same outfit twice, and not worry about being picked on. I do not want to use damaged clothing just because it is stylish. I do not want to wear dirty and worn out shoes because I do not have anything else to match with my outfit. I never will pick on someone for wearing out of styled clothing. I will never pick on someone for wearing the different and cheaper converse.
I want to be that popular girl. I want to be that girl that is full of friends no matter what I wear. I want to be that girl walking down the hall with a group of friends. I will walk down the hall and say hello to everyone and anyone, just to make their day. I will not be that popular girl who picks on people for being “nerds” or fat. I will have friends who I can trust with my secrets. I will be that popular girl who will never get stabbed in the back by a friend, who uses one of their friend’s deepest secrets and weaknesses against them. I will always try my best to forgive people, no matter what they have done. I want to be that popular girl, who will never lose friends over a misunderstanding. I never will mistreat anyone.

I want to be that girl who is loved. I want to have a boyfriend. I want a boy who will truly love me for me, not because of the Brazilian stereotypes. I want to be that girl who is able to stay with a boy for years, with a boyfriend who doesn’t try to convince them to do anything they are not ready for. I want a boy who does not want me to change myself for them. I want a boyfriend who will not fall in love with someone else when they love me. I do not want a boyfriend who does not want a relationship. I do not want a boy who only wants to make out. I do not want to be loved, if a boy only wants me to be their girlfriend in order to fit their sexual needs. I do not want to be that girl who has “bad luck”, that thinks they found the perfect boyfriend, who has to leave, when truly, the reason they didn’t go out, is because he has a long distance relationship with someone else. I will never “date” someone who does not want a relationship.

Since I want the perfect life, Why wouldn’t I want to be that girl who is skinny, athletic, smart, fashionable, popular, and loved?