Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which | Teen Ink

Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which

By criner BRONZE, Dallas, Georgia
criner BRONZE, Dallas, Georgia

Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
- Muhammad Ali

- Muhammad Ali
the third grade, wasn't the best of all, multiplying, dividing, hating, and loving. When I walked into the room I was loosing sense of everything, scared out of my mind, hoping someone would say something to me. as to my rescue an obscure voice said,”are you okay.” it startled me not realizing my hope would come true. I quickly answered, “yes I'm fine.”
the room was white and clear, just yellow abstract and blue words of wisdom. The teacher was tall and had a sense of anger. For the first thirty minutes she sat fiddling with a pen in her hand and checking her email as if she was waiting on someone.
When the class started I looked around and realized I was the only white person in the room and thought back to when I was out side and realized I was nearly the only white person in the school.
I suddenly hated everyone! I showed my hatred very well with slurs in my words, and anger in my voice. For the next few days I ignored everyone that I saw even the girl that merged when I was hoping she would. Still everyday she said hi politely and elegantly. I thought she to was a black how could this be. She talked normal, dressed well, and showed her care for others.
One day she showed up to my lunch table, that I had made very few friends at, she confronted my anger and slurs, with even more assertiveness. Angry she still held her dignity.
Immediately at that point I realized, Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

(Copy right) all rights have been reserved.

Many people need to understand we are all the same.