And I guess she meant it when she said she loved swimming. | Teen Ink

And I guess she meant it when she said she loved swimming.

December 14, 2011
By Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona
Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona
19 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
As the tide washed in the Dutch tulip man faced the ocean, "Conjoiner rejoinder poisoner concealer revelator, look at it: rising up and rising down, taking everything with it."
"What's that?" Anna asked.
"Water," said the Dutchman, "Well, and time."


And she longed for the water but the currents of the wind pulled her away. So she scooted away from the water and closer to the land she knew so little. She stood there reaching out her hands to the water but she was no closer than before. Because when she reached out her hands it was her sign of weakness and signal of betrayal. So she reached out her hands letting the water know she had lost. Letting the water know she was going to be pulled away and changed into another person she would not recognize. So she turned around and glanced back at the waves crashing so beautifully against the sand, and she took it all in hoping she would never forget. Hoping that those memories would last even in the darkest of times. And she turned away becoming someone new by the second.


The author's comments:
This was inspired by my cousin.