The Ranch | Teen Ink

The Ranch

December 21, 2011
By DylanMienke BRONZE, Anamosa, Iowa
DylanMienke BRONZE, Anamosa, Iowa
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The MCH Boys Ranch was founded by Jim and Cathy Fry and build September 9TH 1995. The ranch has had a total of 42 boys go through the program including the boys that live there now. The ranches program was made for troubled young men from off the streets, in gangs, broken homes, drug additions, and just regular day school teens that get in trouble. The program is meant to teach these young men good morals, and for them to grow up in a Christian environment.

Out of all the boys that have gone through the ranch program only 6 have either been put in prison or just gone back to their old ways, and don’t have anything to do with Jim, and Cathy. Out of the last four boys that had been there in the past 3 years only 3 have graduated high school and only two have changed their old habits, one of them is going to college at Iowa State, the second one has a good job working for a family friend, and the third one went back to drinking and in and out of jail. The forth boy is taking the last of his high school classes a MCC to get his high school diploma.

The MCH Boys Ranch is a place for change; you learn a lot going through the program. Like holding yourself and others accountable, manners, manning up to your decisions, and taking control of your action.

Thanks to Jim and Cathy Fry and Brian and Michelle Humphrey for making a change in young teenagers lives.

The author's comments:
What insired me to write this article was being one of the boys that lived at the Miracles Can Happen Boys Ranch in Wilton, IA.