Why lie?

Fake Perfection. I am so sick of it. Why does everyone strive to be perfect when they can’t even achieve it? Everyone will make mistakes but some just go undetected. I hate how so many people put on the appearance of having it all together and having the perfect lives even to those they are close with. I just don’t understand it. Admit that you don’t have it all together, you are stressed and that life feels like crap some days. Some people just like to lie to themselves because they hope and pray that someday their lie will be reality. I guess I don’t even need to tell you that they don’t get what they want by covering up their mistakes, but I will anyway. They get nothing. In fact, they don’t even get the support they need to get through their struggles because they don’t claim their struggles. So I guess my point is that I’d rather admit to the obvious and get some helping hands along the way, then just walking through life with a mask on all alone.

Ash+Jake=4ever said...
WoW, this is sooo good!

shapeshifter56 said...
Wow, I totally agree! So TRUE! So many people walk around with plastic-y fake smiles glued on their faces and can't admit that they aren't perfect.

shapeshifter56 replied...
My bold wasn't working, btw. That's why I did all caps haha. But, seriously, this is great. Keep it up!

Inksplotch said...
Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:25 am
Wow. Story of my life... it felt like I was reading about me. It opened my eyes... Good job (:

LifesIllusion replied...
I think it's the story of everyone's life at some point or another. I used to feel the need to be perfect but I opened my eyes and saw that it was useless.