Controlling, Just A Flaw? | Teen Ink

Controlling, Just A Flaw?

By Undefeated101 BRONZE, White Cloud, Kansas
Undefeated101 BRONZE, White Cloud, Kansas
1 article 1 photo 12 comments

"Everyone is different, that means they have more stories for the world to hear"
"God never would put anything on you that you couldn't handle"
"Everyone needs a break from reality."
"You can't run my life, only I can run it"

I am a type of person who likes to see the good in others and I always have. When I met a guy on the internet we got along good. So I gave him my number and we started talking. He was really sweet and thought to myself this is the kind of guy I want to be with. Little did I know about the way he really was!

After we stared going out he would call me and text me just about every night. (I liked that about him!) Then every time we talked we got into a fight when I wasn't around anyone. After a while he would start calling me five or more times times a day, and at the end of the week it ended up being 41 calls. Every time I was talking to him I felt bad because he was saying that I didn't want him and I didn't love him. It just made me feel like I was doing something wrong. So I told my two best friends about our conversation and they said that they didn't like him. (Usually when they say that I know to listen but for some reason I didn't!)

About two weeks ago he looked on a website we met on and saw I was talking to other guys. He called me using inappropriate language and accused me of cheating because I was talking to other guys and still had my relationship status as single. He told me if I really wanted to be with him I would take everything off of it and delete all the guys. So I did, but before I did he said that I could keep the guys on there he just doesn't want me talking to them or any other guys while we were together.

Now you maybe saying to yourself "This is stupid! Why would she want to go through with anything like this? Why didn't she break it off?" Well every time I tried to break it off he would either call or text an hour and a half later saying he was sorry, he didn't mean it and he was being stupid. Believe me I tried but nothing I did would make him break up with me. My friends called him controlling and a jerk. Then I started to think that he was just worried that I was going to cheat on him like the rest of his girlfriends. I kept saying that being controlling is just a flaw and I shouldn't want to break up with him just for that.

So I kept talking to him. Then he started talking to my mom. She liked him at first till she found out that he said I couldn't talk to any guys. That's when it got ugly. He stopped texting for a while and said it was because he was sick. to this day we are still dating and he has lightened up a lot. Well what I call a lot. He doesn't call a whole lot more, he lets me talk to guys (only if he has their number to), and we don't get into as much fights anymore. Just to be safe though, if you know of anyone who is in a controlling relationship please tell them to break it off as soon as possible because it could lead to more than just being controlling!

I hope people see that not all controlling relationships are bad but they just need to be careful! If they feel uncomfortable or depressed then they need to break it of!

on Nov. 26 2011 at 4:17 pm
1 article 1 photo 12 comments

"Everyone needs a break from reality."

Thanks for the feedback! :)

on Nov. 26 2011 at 3:45 pm
KatrinaCampbell GOLD, Aguadilla, Other

When God answers your prayers, you have faith in His abilities. When He doesn't, he has faith in YOUR abilities!

This has a really good message :D But your flow could improve! Also, find one theme and stick with it, because as I read this, I couldn't tell whether you were for staying or for going. What I like to do when trying to teach a lesson is provide more vivid details and examples. And some of the grammar is a little off, but that could be the editor's fault :) Overall, a very intruiging story, that could just use some cleaning up :D Great job!