The Perks of Being a Wallflower | Teen Ink

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

October 17, 2011
By write-with-light GOLD, Lawrenceville, Georgia
write-with-light GOLD, Lawrenceville, Georgia
14 articles 3 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And in that moment, I swear we were infinte..."
"Charlie, we accept the love we think we deserve."
"Promise me that you'll always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think."


I cry every single time that I read “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”. There aren’t many things in my life that I value more than reading and music. And every time I read this book, it touches me in a different way. I cannot pinpoint exactly what it is about it. Maybe it’s the fact that it is just written so honestly. Maybe it’s the fact that the quotes always stick with me because they really mean something. Maybe it’s because it’s one of those sincere books that actually expose a realistic persons’ life. Or maybe it’s plainly the fact that I can empathize with Charlie. And with Patrick. And with Sam. I have been that wallflower. I have felt the same things as these people. I cannot even explain it. I just hope that if you’re a reader too, you can understand what I mean. Sometimes the only way to communicate is through writing. And it’s nice to know that you are not alone, even if you can only identify with a book. “In that moment, I swear we were infinite…”