Violin Valentine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

What awesome prose, what poetry
Lies lettered in your conductor's face
That can make you sing so?

What gentle power of your bow
Turns me to silent, watching stone
While your hands still move so?

I listen to you and my rushing pulse
Speaking rhythmic chords into my ears
Bringing such deeply mov'd tears.

The heav'nly wood you palm is my heart.
The strings you are stirring form my soul.
The sweet applause you're hearing is my voice.
My ardor's curling, joyous, like your scroll.

I want to present you
With a thousand standing ovations.
This is my devotion.

So forever now and forever do,
Hear me too: I love you.

Anasunny said...
Apr. 4, 2011 at 11:57 am

I liked this poem, it was unique in an odd way, if that makes sense??

The first thing that came to mind when I read the first line was "The Tyger" by William Blake.  I don't know why, haha

the_quiet_one said...
Unfortunately for me I can't really relate cause I'm musically challenged. But the flow of the poem has a harmony too it. Almost like an ode to the violin. 

TwinDemons said...
This is wonderful, beautiful, magnificent, I love it. Good job!!!!!!!!!!!

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really like it and i like how its writtin even though thats not how i write my poems. I'm not sure if this makes sense but the words and the rhyming seemed like old poetry and it seemed like a poem people would study in school if thats makes sense?! anyway i really like it!!!

lilmartz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very well written! Towards the end, you broke the flow you had established of 3 lines per stanza, and it would have been nice if you stuck to that, but oh well. This is really good, and I can definitely see why it was picked to be in the magazine. Congratulations :)

Camii said...
i like your choice of words and everything about it! good job:)

HaleyDRog. said...

God, this was so incredible. You.. I..

I am speechless! Thats how good this was!

Tremendous!

FlyleafFreak said...
Feb. 18, 2011 at 11:46 am
Wow, I'm at a loss for words. I've been a violinist for like, 6 years and this just is...wow. Amazing job and congrats on getting published.

tangem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
That's awesome! I'm an oboist and alto sax. Thanks for commenting!

TheAnarchist replied...
pretty good.  I am an avid pianist and love listening to just about everything.  If you could look at 'Fridays', it's on the first page of the forum and i haven't yet decided whether or not to submit because it seems really dark.