technology | Teen Ink

technology

May 7, 2010
By trucks62 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
trucks62 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Git-r-done


Technology has become an important part of today’s economy. The subject that I am going to be talking about is how technology can be great, its disadvantages and my opinion about it. People always say how technology is so awesome and wonderful and how they could never live without it. I think technology is a great thing to have, but some people use it way to much.
Technology has created many new jobs over the years. Nowadays, most jobs require you to know how to type and operate a computer. It’s also made jobs a lot easier for many people, like at most car manufacture plants people don’t paint the cars, robots do. The website, ezinearticles states, “Technology has definitely changed our lives and for the better.”
Technology can also provide with better communication than in the past. The website, smallbusinessbible states, “Communication has become cheaper, quicker, and more efficient.” I think that technology has come a long way in advancing communication. It all started with the simple email, and then along came MSN chat, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and Skype.
Technology has made businesses more efficient so they can make more money being open anytime or anywhere, night and day. I really like this because you can just hop on the computer, go online and order anything that you want. You don’t have to worry about store hours. According to the website, concurringopinions, “computer networks were designed to be as general as possible in order to support a wide variety of applications with different needs.” Technology has come a long way in the last ten years. So whenever you use a computer, cell phone, or other technology device, think to yourself how great it is to have that piece of technology.
There are many disadvantages of technology as well. One of the worst things about technology is privacy issues. Emails can be hacked, identities can be stolen and if you get the dreaded virus on your computer, it may need a lot of expensive work done to repair it. Another disadvantage would be the lack of face to face conversations. People tend to be too busy working or playing on their computers to interact with other people.
There is also a big disadvantage with job security. This is because technology sometimes takes the place of people’s jobs, like robots doing the work. You also need to be in constant learning mode to keep up with the ever changing technology world. Be careful with what you do with technology, it does have a bad side.
My opinion on technology is that it can be a wonderful thing. It makes things faster and more efficient. You can also get in touch with people that are far away from you. So I think technology is a pretty nice thing to have.

The author's comments:
opinion about technology